40 Amp Cronos Current Interrupter Unit (GPS)
Please note: this item is no longer available for purchase.
Our Cronos Current Interrupters feature rugged outdoor durability, precision timing, and a long battery life in a portable package.
- Rugged M.C.Miller Co. design, highly reliable, easy to operate and very competitively-priced
- Precision clock-timing even with an intermittent view of the GPS satellites
- Two (2) years of continuous (current interruption) operation on a single set of replaceable 3.6V "D" cell batteries - no need to recharge the unit every few days (see NOTE below)
- Easy to program via a PC or can "quick select" on the built-in keypad
- 40 Amp relay (internal relay) rated at 120 V AC/DC
- Solid-state (non-polarity dependent) relay - no unit orientation or polarity concerns
- Only 1mV dropped across the relay per Amp - both small and large currents can be interrupted
- Fully-automated current-interruption programs can be started in the field with the push of a single button
- Cronos-to-PC, RS232 cable with USB adapter (Item #12940)
- Cronos-to-Cronos communication cable (Item #12935)
- Dual 100 Amp Power Cable for rectifier connection (Item #SUB577)
NOTE: Although the batteries are the same physical size as regular “D” cell batteries, they are 3.6V, rather than the standard 1.5 V “D” cells. The 3.6 V “D” cells (19 Ah capacity) are available from M. C. Miller (see 'Replacement Parts')
- Maximum Current: 40 Amps at 120V (4,800 watts) internal relay
- Maximum Working Voltage: 170V DC (either polarity), 120Vrms (50/60Hz)
- Voltage Drop: 11.1mV per Amp Suitable for interrupting low Voltage bonds and anodes
- Overload Protection: 75kW(10/100µs); 500kW(8/20µs) 1.2kA peak @ clamp voltage. Auto thermal shutdown at 221°F (105°C).
- Isolation to ground: 12,000 Volts
- Power Consumption: Runs on 2 "D" Cell batteries (3.6V, 19Ah)
- Battery-life: depends on programmable settings - 2 years continuous operation typical on default settings.
- Time Standards: UTC (default) or GPS; Synchronization @ 00.00 (default) or @ start
time; Local –Offset; user defined to ensure consistency
- Clock/Interruption Accuracy: 1ms max. deviation with satellites in view, 0.5 ms per hour without satellites in view. Re-acquires precision time when satellites return to view.
- Temperature compensated range: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C).
- Temperature Range: Relay Operation: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- LCD Operation: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Dimensions: 9in x 11in x 6in (22.86cm x 27.94cm x 15.24cm)
- Weight: 15.4lbs (6.99 kg)
- Cronos PC software allows personal settings to be created and saved for future
download to Cronos units, or a "master" Cronos unit can be used to automatically program other Cronos units.
- On/Off 0.1 to 99 sec. 0.1 sec increments
- Start and stop date and time
- Begin cycle with relay open or closed
- Close relay at end of work day
- Start cycle at beginning of work day
- Switching offsets ±500ms (both On-to-Off and Off-to-On) – allows for use of other relay types.
The Cronos Software application allows personal settings to be created and saved for future download to Cronos units, or a "master" Cronos unit can be used to automatically program other Cronos units.
Download the application below for your Windows® based PC.